- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped, roasted almonds
- In a small bowl combine panko, cheese, parsley, thyme and orange zest; set aside.
- Bring a 4-quart pot of lightly salted water to boiling over high heat. Add cauliflower; reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain well.
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, mustard, and salt. Add drained cauliflower and stir gently to coat. Transfer to a 1 1/2- to 2-quart au gratin or rectangular baking dish*. Sprinkle with panko mixture. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in a 425 degrees F oven on top oven rack for 15 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned. Top with almonds.
Make ahead tip
- At this point, the cauliflower and panko mixtures can be covered and chilled for up to one day. Remove from refrigerator 45 minutes before baking; continue with Step 3. Increase oven to 425 degrees when you remove the turkey; bake gratin while turkey rests.