- 4 cups cooked whole wheat elbow pasta
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1-3/4 cups frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- ½ cup diced cheddar cheese
For the Dressing
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, mushrooms, peas, onion, ham, eggs and cheese.
- In a medium bowl mash the clove of garlic and salt into a paste. Whisk in the buttermilk, mayonnaise, dill and vinegar until smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.