- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 baby bok choy, chopped (separate white and green pieces)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced very thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce, or substitute regular soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 ounces pad thai rice noodles, (1/2 package)
- 1 pound small raw shrimp, peeled (51-60/pound)
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Add broth, water, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked noodles, and cook 2 minutes, separating noodles as they cook. Stir in shrimp, green onions, and green pieces of bok choy. Cook 2-3 minutes longer.
Turn off heat, stir in rice vinegar, and serve immediately.
- If you prefer chicken instead of shrimp, add boneless, skinless chicken breasts with the broth. Simmer until chicken is heated through, remove to shred meat, and return to pot with noodles.