- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Slow Cook: 5 hrs on HIGH or LOW for 7 hours
- 1 bone-in turkey breast half (3 1/2 lbs), skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 32 – ounce box box (32 oz) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 packet mashed potato granules (from a 6.5 oz box)
- 1 envelope (.87 oz) turkey gravy mix (such as McCormick)
- 6 slices hearty white bread
- Place turkey breast half in slow cooker insert. Season with salt and pepper. Pour broth around turkey; add bay leaf, thyme and oregano. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or on LOW for 7 hours.
- Using a large spatula, carefully remove turkey from slow cooker to a cutting board. Remove and discard bones; strain broth from slow cooker into a bowl.
- Place mashed potato granules in a medium bowl. Ladle 1 1/2 cups of the strained broth over granules. Whisk to blend, then cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine gravy mix and 1 cup cold water in small saucepan. Bring to a simmer; cook 1 minute.
- Cut turkey crosswise into slices. Place 1 piece of bread on a plate. Spread with 1/3 cup mashed potatoes and some of the turkey, and top with a little gravy. Repeat to make 6 sandwiches and serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 419 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 140 mg chol., 761 mg sodium, 37 g carb. (2 g fiber), 56 g pro.