Fresh Fruit Tart, Dairy Free
Tarts in the summer are a very special treat! An elegant addition to any meal! Here’s a super easy, dairy allergen-free, guilt-free recipe sure to be a family favorite!
Fruit Tart Instructions
Total Time: 54 min
Prep: 25 min
Inactive: 15 min
Cook: 14 min
Ingredients, Always Organic
1 (8-ounce) package creamy Goat Cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fresh strawberries, kiwi slices, blueberries, raspberries
1 (6-ounce) can frozen lemonade or limeade concentrate, thawed or homemade lime / lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Optional: Whipped cream, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the crust:
- In a food processor, combine the confectioners’ sugar, flour, and butter, and process until the mixture forms a ball.
- With your fingers, press the dough into a 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, taking care to push the crust into the indentations in the sides.
- Pat until the crust is even. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until very lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
For the filling and topping:
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Cut the strawberries into 1/4-inch slices and arrange around the edge of the crust.
- For the next circle, use kiwi slices. Add another circle of strawberries, filling in any spaces with blueberries.
- Cluster the raspberries in the center of the tart.
For the glaze:
- Combine the limeade, cornstarch, lime juice, and sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until clear and thick, about 2 minutes. Let cool.
- With a pastry brush, glaze the entire tart. You will not use all of the glaze.
Keep the tart in the refrigerator. Remove about 15 minutes before serving. Slice into 8 wedges and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
This recipe was found at foodnetwork.com, we customized it to be dairy free.