YIELD 8 eggs
- water (1 1/2-inch in bottom of pot or a deep skillet)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 8 eggs
- Pour 2 tablespoons of vinegar into the poaching water.
- Crack open eggs one at a time, into a small bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce temperature.
- When water reaches a gentle simmer, pour egg into a ladle.
- Gently transfer eggs into simmering water.
- The egg whites will coagulate instantly & the vinegar will change the pH level of the poaching water.
- Poach the eggs for 3 minutes spooning the simmering water over the eggs.
- When the whites become opaque and feel firm to the touch they are done.
- Gently remove eggs with a slotted spoon and lay them on sheets of paper towel to dry.
- Serve immediately.