- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- For the mix: combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Store in an airtight container if not using immediately.
- For the muffins: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 6 cups of a muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Add muffin mix to a bowl and whisk in vegetable oil until batter is smooth and there are no lumps. Add egg and milk and mix well to combine. Evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach