- 2 tablespoons softened butter, or margarine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup instant powdered milk (some recipes call for dry milk
- instead, which is something entirely different – we used instant powdered milk).
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Knead the dough until it is firm and smooth.
- Roll it into a rope. Wrap the rope in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about an hour. Remove the rope from the plastic wrap, and cut into smaller sections.
- Or, just shape each individual section by hand, after kneading.
- Even the little ones were able to help with this step. The dough was very play dough like. In fact, if you’re thinking about making chocolate play dough – this would be an excellent recipe.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach