YIELD.:12 marshmallow squares
INGREDIENTS, ALWAYS ORGANIC:
- Dust an 8- or 9-inch square pan with powdered sugar. Set aside.
In a small bowl, soak gelatin in 8 tbsp cold water. Set aside.
- Combine granulated sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a large heavy saucepan.Cook and stir over medium heat until dissolved.
- Add gelatin and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour into a large mixing bowl and let stand until partially cool.
- Add salt and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until soft and double in volume. About 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan to about 1/2 inch thick. Set to cool until it will not stick to your finger.
- Cut into 1.5 inch pieces and roll in powdered sugar.