Yield: 4 dozen
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is creamy.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla, and salt; beat well.
- Gradually add flour, beating until blended.
- Beat egg whites with a fork until slightly frothy.
- Using a small cookie scoop, shape dough into balls. Dip balls into egg white; roll in pecans. Place one inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Gently press thumb into center of each cookie to make indentation. Fill each indent with about ½ teaspoon of guava paste. Note: the paste will be thick.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until cookies are slightly brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Move to wire racks to cool completely.
Serving size: 39g (2 cookies) Calories: 186 Fat: 14.8g Saturated fat: 5.7g Carbohydrates: 12.0g Sugar: 4.9gSodium: 111mg Fiber: 1.4g Protein: 2.5g Cholesterol: 36mg