- 1 2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 cookie sheets)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 12 ounces guava paste, cut into small pieces
- 5 large egg whites, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 (8-ounce) packages 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400°.
Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
Combine 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, juice, and guava paste in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Pour mixture into a blender, and process until smooth. Cool completely. Stir in 1 egg white.
Combine remaining 1 cup sugar, sour cream, and cheese in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at low speed until smooth. Beat in vanilla and salt. Gradually add remaining 4 egg whites, beating well after each addition. Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan. Drizzle guava mixture over cheese mixture; swirl mixtures using the tip of a knife. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until cheesecake center barely moves when touched.
7. Turn oven off; cool cheesecake in closed oven 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven. Run a knife around outside edge. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours before serving.