Homemade Granola Cereal
Prep: 15 m
Cook: 1 h
Ready In: 1 h 30 m
“This is so flexible, and so much cheaper, healthier and better than the store-bought granola.”
Ingredients, Always Organic
- 7 cups quick Organic cooking oats
- 1 cup Organic wheat germ
- 1 cup Organic wheat bran
- 1/2 cup Organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Organic honey
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon Organic vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Organic ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Organic ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chopped Organic dates
- 1 cup chopped Organic pecans
- 1 cup flaked Organic coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix oats, wheat germ, and wheat bran.
- In a medium bowl, blend brown sugar, vegetable oil, honey, and water. Mix in vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir the brown sugar mixture into the oat mixture until evenly moist, and transfer to a large, shallow baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until lightly brown. Mix dates, pecans, and coconut into the dish, and continue baking about 15 minutes. Allow to cool, and store in airtight containers.