Serves: 24 Fritters
- 1 cup Apples, chopped
- 1 cup Milk, we use dairy free milk
- 1¾ cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl mix the flour and baking powder.
- In the measuring cup, measure the milk and add the egg, stir to combine.
- Add the chopped apples to the flour mixture and then add the milk mixture to the bowl. Stir until the flour is just moistened.
- Place enough oil to fry the apple fritters into a pan or deep fryer. Heat until hot about 375 degrees.
- Drop batter by tablespoon into the hot fat. Be careful as you drop the batter in, the oil could splash and burn your skin. Be cautious when working with hot oil and keep children away. Cook 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once while frying.
- Drain on paper towels. Repeat for remaining batter.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and/or sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.