Serves: 1 (9-inch) Cheesecake
This light and creamy cheesecake doesn’t require any baking, just whip it up and chill it in the refrigerator!
For the crust:
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 16 sheets of graham crackers)
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- To make the crust, in a medium size mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and salt. Pour the melted butter over top and stir until a soft wet mixture forms. Firmly press into a standard size pie plate or a 9-inch springform pan. Chill for 2 hours before adding the filling.
- Meanwhile, let your cream cheese and sour cream warm on the counter for at least 30 minutes before using.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl) beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar, salt, vanilla and lemon juice, mix until combined. With mixing speed on low, add the sour cream, then bring up to medium speed. Beat until combined, then reduce speed to low and gradually add the whipped cream or Cool Whip. Beat for 1 minute then pour into the chilled crust. Spread into a smooth, even layer then chill for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving, I prefer overnight.