- 1 3/4 Cups of Half and Half
- 1/2 Cup Equal Spoonful (or equivalent packets, check the conversion!)
- 3 Eggs + 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Cinnamon or Nutmeg to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Combine sugar and half and half on low heat in a pot on the stove. Do not let this boil, just warm enough to dissolve the sugar in the half and half.
- Beat eggs together with vanilla extract until combined, do not over-beat! Temper the sweet half and half into the egg/vanilla mixture.
- Split the mixture into 4 ramekins. Top the mixture with a sprinkling of cinnamon or nutmeg (to taste)
- Prepare a bain-marie by filling a baking dish (with sides as high or close to the height of the ramekins) halfway with water.
- Bake the custards for 30 mins.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach