- 1 cup butter, softened (250 mL)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (400 mL)
- 1/3 cup Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips (250 g)
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans (300 mL)
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until creamy.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) onto greased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Let cool for 5 minutes on sheets, then transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
- For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute Baking Chips with Chunks.
- Use your favourite nut — pecans, walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts all taste great.