Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 45 mins
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup RiceSelect Jasmati rice uncooked
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Add milk to a large sauce pot and whisk in cinnamon, salt and sugar until thoroughly combined. Bring milk to a gentle boil over medium heat, whisking occasionally. Keep a close eye being careful not to scorch the milk.
- When milk comes to a boil, add rice then simmer on low for 20-25 minutes until liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Using a fork, mix cornstarch with a few tablespoons of cold water then add to the pot. Continue cooking the pudding until mixture begins to thicken – about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in raisins then remove from the heat. Divide pudding evenly between 6 small ramekins or dessert dishes. Serve warm, at room temperature or refrigerate until cold.