- yield: SERVES 9-12
- cook time: 40-45 MINUTES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
Streusel Filling and Topping:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set dry ingredients aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and orange zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar mixture until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beat until smooth. Beat in the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Gently fold in the fresh cranberries.
5. To make the streusel topping and filling, place the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon. Work the butter into the mixture with your fingertips until evenly distributed.
6. Pour half of the coffee cake batter into the prepared cake pan and sprinkle with half of the streusel topping/filling. Spoon the remaining batter over the filling, spreading gently. Sprinkle with the remaining streusel.
7. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes. Cool to room temperature and serve.