Do you miss eating a yummy candy bar? This is very close to eating an almond joy or mounds bar! Without all the chemicals, additives and other toxins!
Ingredients, Always Organic:
- Mix shredded coconut with coconut cream,1/2 of the vanilla extract and ½ sugar and blend well with a spatula or a spoon
- Place the shredded coconut mixture on a small cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Shape it into a flat rectangle about 4 inches by 6 inches and 1 inch thick (measurements may vary) You can aid yourself with kitchen wrap to accomplish this.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours, until frozen solid
- Remove from the freezer and cut into 5 bars
- In the meantime you will prepare the chocolate coating:
- Melt coconut oil in a small sauce pan until liquified
- Add cocoa powder remaining sugar and vanilla extract to the coconut oil
- Mix well on low heat for about 2 minutes, until all ingredients are well blended
- Let cool to room temperature, but still liquid
- Now dip the bars in the cocoa mixture, and turn to all sides to coat evenly. It helps if the bars are frozen solid so they won’t break.
- Place bars back on the cookie sheet
- When all bars are all coated put in the refrigerator to harden.
- The bars can be kept in the fridge for harder consistency or at room temperature for softer.
- Cacao will melt if kept at a temperature too high.
- OPTION 2
- If you want your chocolate coating to stay solid at room temperature use cocoa butter instead of coconut oil.
- Proceed exactly in the same way as using the coconut oil.