“Sweet and crunchy, this caramel corn is easy to make and tastes better than the county fair’s.”
Ingredients, Always Organic:
- Mazola Pure(R) Cooking Spray
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- Spray large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Add popcorn and place in preheated 250 degrees F oven while preparing caramel.
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour syrup over warm popcorn, stirring to coat evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and spread on foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cool; break apart. Store in tightly covered container.