So, this is one of those desserts that is so insanely easy but when you bring it in the room…mouths drop. People think you went “all out” and “spent soooo much time” making this fancy schmancy trifle…but, you didn’t. Nope, after the cakes bake…it literally takes 10 minutes to put it together. Best of all, it’s so good and makes you feel super naughty when you eat it. And, I KNOW you’re a bunch of bad, bad girls.
- 1 Chocolate Cake Recipe, you can use my recipe here (can make two to be sure you have lots of cake in your trifle)
- Homemade whip cream (heavy cream or coconut milk, powdered sugar, vanilla) see my frostings & whipped creams recipe here
- 1 bag Heath English Toffee bits
- 1 jar Hot Fudge Sauce
- Bake your cake in two rounds. Slice them length wise so you have 4 circles.
- Place a circle (might have to trim down) in the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Make your homemade whip cream (whip heavy cream until soft peaks form, add handful or more (to taste) of powdered sugar, and a tsp. vanilla). Pour heated hot fudge sauce on cake layer. Sprinkle toffee on top of hot fudge. Add a layer of whip cream.
- Start over until you reach the top. Exaggerate your layers more on the sides so that they look more like “layers” (more toffee against glass, smear whip cream, and fudge against glass, etc.)
Tip: Exaggerate your layers along the glass a little more so they show up as “layers” and not all muddled together. And…sprinkle extra toffee on the sides, smear up the whip cream and hot fudge on the glass a little to encourage the layered look.