Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Ingredients, Always Organic
- 1 cup butter flavored crisco, softened
- 1 1/2 cups organic brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla
- 3/4 cup organic cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose organic flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar for rolling
- Cream together butter and brown sugar with a mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition, and then vanilla.
- Combine cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough and place into granulated sugar, roll around to coat. Place sugar coated dough on lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet, space cookies 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Thanks to ChocolateChocolateandmore.com for this easy and yummy recipe!!