Makes: 3 dozen
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed in a large bowl until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until light in color, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until well incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips by hand using a rubber spatula.
- Using a small scoop or tablespoon, drop level tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. (You should be able to fit about a dozen cookies.) Bake until golden around the edges and soft-set in the centers, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then remove to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough, baking 3 batches total. Store the dough in the refrigerator between batches.