- 1 can Crushed Pineapple (normal sized can, not a small one – do not drain)
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling (Comstock brand is always a good choice. I went with an alternative last time and was disappointed)
- 1 box Cake Mix (Yellow or White)
- 1 cup butter (margarine only if you have to for allergy reasons – otherwise only use butter!)
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with Pam or other spray oil.
- Pour in the crushed pineapple and juice and spread out on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the cherry pie filling on top (it will not spread out evenly).
- Sprinkle cake mix over the cherries.
- Melt butter and spoon over mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.