- 12 tbsp. organic butter, softened and divided, plus more for greasing pan
- 1/2 c. granulated organic sugar
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. organic sour cream
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose organic flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground organic cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. packed light organic brown sugar
- 1 c. peeled, cored and chopped organic apples (about 1/2″ pieces)
- 1/3 c. organic caramel, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter and flour an 8″-x-8” baking dish.
- Make Batter: In a large bowl, combine 8 tablespoons butter and sugar. Using a hand mixer, whip until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix until smooth. Then add vanilla and sour cream and mix until evenly incorporated. Add 1 cup flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and mix until just combined. Fold in apples.
- Make Streusel Topping: In a medium bowl, combine remaining 4 tablespoons butter with brown sugar and remaining 1/2 cup flour. Add a pinch of salt, if desired. Stir with a fork or use your hands to create large clumps.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish then top with streusel. Bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, 38 to 40 minutes. Drizzle with caramel then let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.