- 1 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of cannabutter below
- 1 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- The first step is to preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease the baking sheet that you will be using. Grab a medium sized bowl and combine the 1 1/3 cups of all purpose natural flour, 1/4 tablespoon of baking soda and 1/4 tablespoon of salt. Whisk this mixture until everything is combined and the set it aside for the time being.
- Grab another medium sized bowl and mix the 1/2 cup of cannabutter (below), 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and 2/3 cups of packed brown sugar. For the best results, I like to use a mixer.Continue mixing until the contents in this bowl are creamy.
- Once the mixture is all set, add in the 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract and egg. Continue mixing with your hand mixture until the butter/sugar/brown sugar combination has a light consistency, and then add in the chocolate chips.
- Once the chocolate chips are added, gently stir in the flour mixture from the first bowl into the second. It may take awhile, but continue mixing until you have decent looking and firm cookie dough.
- Once the dough is ready, you will then spoon the mixture out into 1/4 cup cookies on a sheet and spread them out accordingly. Place them into the preheated oven at 325 degrees and let the cookies bake for 18-25 minutes.
- Remove the sheet from the oven when the cookies are a crisp golden brown and let them cool for approximately 10-15 minutes before removing from the sheet. Once the cookies have cook, sit down and enjoy your hard work! Don’t forget the milk!
Today I will be showing you my favorite method of making cannabutter. Don’t worry if this is your first time, the process is actually really simple! All you need is the following:
What you will need:
- 2 pots to make a double boiler
- cooking twine
- foil pan
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1/2 oz of cannabis
- The first step is to set up the double boiler set up on the stove and bring the water to a boil. Make sure there is enough room at the bottom so you don’t have the pan overfill. Once the water is boiling, let it cool down-we want the water to be at a low temperature throughout the entire process.
- Add the butter to the pan and let it melt, this will take a few minutes. The next step is to make the pouch to place the marijuana in. This pouch will then placed in the melted butter and cooked for several hours. Grab the cooking twine and cut a piece of cloth which should be around 2 feed long and 10 inches wide. Fold the marijuana in the cloth like a burrito and tie it in several places with the twine so it will not come undone.
- This cooking process will work the same way as a teabag is used to make tea. The only difference is we will be using marijuana and butter. Keep in mind you should grind up your weed as finely as possible for best results.
- Drop in the bundle of marijuana in the butter and add in the 1 cup of hot water. The longer you let the marijuana sit in the butter, the more potent the cannabutter will be. You should leave the weed in the butter for at least 3-4 hours but 6 is ideal. Be sure to check the water in the original pan if you plan on cooking for the full 6 hours as it will likely evaporate and you will need to refill it. Please also keep in mind, cooking cannabutter will make your house smell like weed!
- When the marijuana is mixing with the butter, the butter will take turn to a brownish/green color. This is normal and is a good sign that everything is working properly. Ever hour or so, you should flip the pouch of marijuana and move the mixture around. Keep at a low temperature and make sure you do not boil the butter! This will cause the butter to burn and you will need to start over.
- Once you are done cooking the butter, remove the pouch and squeeze out as much of the butter as possible and then pour the butter into the foil pan that you have. The final step is to set the foil pan into the freezer for about 30-45 minutes allowing the water to separate from the butter.
- The goal here is to let the butter cool and harden, but you DO NOT WANT IT TO FREEZE. You will be fine as long as you don’t forget about it. Once the butter is hard, take a sharp knife and cut a hole in the bottom of the foil pan over a sink to let the water drain from the cannabutter. What we are left with is the cannabutter we will be cooking with.