So Easy Brownies
“Cakey on the outside and fudgy in the middle, this easy brownie recipe really is the best! Done in an hour or less.”
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour
INGREDIENTS, Always Organic:
- 1/2 cup butter flavored crisco
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose organic flour,
- NOTE: For high altitude add approx. 1/8 cup of flour or you can chill the batter for at least an hour before baking as an alternative to the extra flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8inch square pan.
2. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
4. To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons softened butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla