- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 banana, peeled, halved lengthwise and crosswise
- 1 teaspoon banana liqueur
- 1 ounce light rum (80- to 90-proof)
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Melt butter and sugar in a small frying pan. Add banana pieces and sauté over medium heat until lightly browned, turning pieces once. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Remove pan from heat.
- Add liqueur and rum to pan. To flambé, carefully light sauce with long-reach lighter. Spoon flaming sauce over the banana pieces until flame is extinguished.
- Serve warm banana pieces and sauce over vanilla ice cream.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach