Original recipe makes 20 Servings
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar3 Eggs; Room Temperature
- 2 Egg whites; Room Temperature
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 3.4 oz. Box Instant Banana Cream Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- Whisk together and refrigerate until assembling cake
- 1 3.4 oz Box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip; (or Whipped Cream)
To brush on Layers of the Cake
- 1 tablespoon Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 2-3 Ripe Bananas
- 3-4 cups Cool Whip; (or Whipped Cream)
- 1 box
- Nilla Wafers
Make the cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Prep three 8″ round cake pans, spraying them with baking spray. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in eggs and egg whites, one at a time. Beat in vanilla until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and instant banana pudding mix.
3. Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture alternating with the milk, being sure to begin and end with the flour mixture and not to over mix. Divide batter amongst the three pans; bake for 22-25 minutes or until the cake is golden and begins to pull away from the sides of the pans.
4. Allow to cool 15 minutes in the pan. Loosen and remove from pan. Allow to cool another hour or so on a wire rack.
Make the Filling
5. Whisk together the Sugar- Free Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix, the milk, and a cup of Cool Whip.
6. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the cake.
7. Level each cake. Place the first layer on cake plate. Brush with a little of the milk mixture.
8. Line banana slices on top of cake. Spread 1/2 of the filling mixture on top of the bananas.
9. Place next cake layer on top of filling. Repeat with milk mix, filling and final layer.
10. Frost with Cool Whip and decorate as you wish. I crushed up some Nilla Wafers and sprinkled them on top, placed whole cookies along the sides. Then took my cake decorator kit and designed the top.
11. BE SURE TO REFRIGERATE! There are perishable items in the cake.