- 4 apples, cored and flesh scooped out to create a cavity to stuff
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ cup coconut cream (from the top of a full fat coconut milk can that’s been refrigerated)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cored/scooped apples in a baking dish. Combine nuts, sugar, lemon juice and spices in a small bowl and toss to combine. Spoon nut mixture into apples, filling to the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until nuts are toasted and apples have softened.
- Meanwhile, beat coconut cream with a handheld mixer until whipped. Add vanilla extract and beat again. Set aside.
- Remove apples from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes.
Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve warm.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach