- Cream together butter, 2 cups of sugar, optional vanilla and eggs, in a bowl. Then mix flour, other optional spices (cinnamon, ginger, allspice) and baking soda in another larger bowl.
- Mix wet batter and milk, into dry flour mixture large bowl until creamy. Put 1/2 of batter (or a little less) into greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan). Mix in separate bowl the 2/3 c sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the 1/2 batter in each pan. Swirl with a knife.
- Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with last of cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min. or until toothpick tester come clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
MAKE GLAZE WHILE COOLING:
- Mix together milk and powdered sugar to create a thick but pourable glaze (may need more or less milk).
- Drizzle glaze over cooled bread.
- When glaze has hardened, slice bread and serve.