Homemade Waffle Cones
Prep 15 mins.
Cook 25 mins.
Ready In 40 mins.
“These cones are in between a crepe and store-bought sugar cones. They’re a huge hit with all my friends! If you have extras, store them in an airtight container, unroll, and re-crisp in a 400 degrees F oven.”
Ingredients, Always Organic
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated organic raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup organic crisco butter flavored, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons organic soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose organic flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons organic vegetable or organic canola oil, as needed
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until frothy. Whisk in the butter, milk and vanilla. Gradually whisk in the flour and salt until smooth. The batter should be thin; you can stir in more milk if needed.
- Heat a small skillet or griddle over medium heat. Brush the pan lightly with oil. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet and turn to spread out the batter into a thin circle. When the underside is golden brown, flip over and cook until golden on the other side. Remove from the pan and form into a cone while it’s hot, squeezing the end to seal. Place on a wire rack to cool and harden completely. Repeat with the remaining batter.