- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 cups cornbread, crumbled (approximately)
- 2 -4 cups herb stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (not the condensed variety)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 eggs, boiled (then chopped)
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in skillet; saute celery and onion till tender, about 3 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cornbread, bread, celery and onions, sage and black pepper.
- Stir broth and beaten eggs into cornbread mixture; blend well.
- Stir in chopped boiled eggs.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach