- 2 cups self rising flour (I use King Arthur)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (I use Land o lakes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk (I use Bordens)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons melted salted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a food processor process all dry ingredients.
- Add 4 tbs butter cubed and process for 10ea 1 second pulses.
- Place mix in a mixing bowl and stir in Buttermilk.
- Spray a 9″ metal cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Spray 1/3 measuring cup with non-stick spray and use it to scoop out biscuit dough from mixing bowl.
- Place the dough in a shallow pan with the 1 cup flour and roll into balls and place into cake pan. do this until you get 8-9 dough balls.
- Brush with 2 TBS melted butter and bake until golden brown.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach