Swedish Pancakes Recipe straight from Sweden! This recipe is delicious and can be filled with your favorite filling or topped with your favorite syrup.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 3 TB melted butter
- 1½ cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Beat eggs and add about ¼ cup milk. Add some flour with the salt and sugar; mix.
- Add melted butter and more milk. Add rest of the flour and milk; mix well. Wipe griddle with some butter or oil when it is hot. Cook.
- Swedish pancakes can be frozen and reheated. Batter can be saved for a day in the fridge – just stir before using.
- For syrup, melt all ingredients in a pot until well mixed. Serve on top of pancake.
Here’s the full recipe for:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or for a substitute we do 1/2 cup milk with 1 tsp. lemon juice)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
1. Melt butter in a pan on low-medium heat. Add sugar, buttermilk and vanilla and mix well. Add baking soda and stir until all combined.