Prep time: 1 hour 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour 55 mins
Serves: 10 slices
Ingredients, Always Organic:
- 1 stick organic butter (equals 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped organic pecans
- 1 tsp organic pumpkin pie spice
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 cup organic half-n-half, soy milk or coconut cream
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 1 loaf organic French bread
- Stir brown sugar, chopped pecans and pumpkin pie spice into melted butter. Spread into a greased 9×13-inch pan.
- Line the pan with 1½-inch thick slices of French bread cut at a diagonal.
- Beat the eggs, half-n-half, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Slowly pour the mixture over the French bread slices in the pan. Cover the pan and place in the fridge for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the pan over onto a rimmed baking sheet so that the caramel pecan bottom is now the caramel pecan top!