- 1 package Sara Lee Pound Cake Slices
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 TB butter or margarine
- powdered sugar optional
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, almond extract and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet or pan on medium heat.
- Dip each pound cake slice into the egg mixture being sure to coat all sides and shaking off excess. Add to skillet/pan and cook on each side for 1-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with syrup, fruit and/or powdered sugar. ENJOY!
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach