Servings: 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (dark or light)
- 1 cup + 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon*
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice*
- 1 large egg or 2 small ones
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
In a large bowl, combine both sugars, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
In another bowl, combine egg, pumpkin puree, oil and water. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
Grease one 9×4 (6 cups or 1.4 liters volume) loaf pan and pour the batter into it.
Bake at 350 F (175 C) for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Then take out of the pan and wrap in aluminum foil. Let it cool off completely.
- The trick on keeping it so moist is to take it out of the baking pan, let it cool for 5 minutes, wrap in aluminum foil and let cool completely. This way all the moisture will be kept inside the loaf.
- This Moist Pumpkin Bread is mildly spiced. If you like it spicier, increase the amount of cinnamon and pumpkin spice to your taste.