°o° 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
°o° 4 teaspoons baking powder
°o° 3 teaspoons sugar
°o° 1/2 teaspoon salt
°o° 1/4 cup shortening
°o° 1/4 cup butter, softened
°o° 1 egg
°o° 2/3 cup milk
°o° 1 tablespoon butter
°o° 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening and butter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- In a separate small bowl, beat egg with milk. Add it to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Turn out onto a well-floured surface and knead with hands 20 times. Roll out to 3/4-inch thickness with a floured rolling pin. Flour your Mickey Mouse cutter (or any shaped-cutter you like) then begin cutting out your biscuits. Keep kneading and rolling out the scraps and cutting as many biscuits as you can until there is no remaining dough.
4. Place biscuits on aluminum foil-lined baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes at 450° or until lightly golden in color.
5. While the biscuits are baking, place 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of honey in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 15-20 seconds until butter has melted. Stir well.
6. When biscuits are done, remove from oven and brush tops with the honey butter. Serve warm. Be sure and have extra honey on hand in case Winnie the Pooh shows up unexpectedly. 😉