~ preheat oven to 350 degrees F. ~
Ingredients & Directions
In a large bowl, combine:
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 3 to 4 very ripe bananas, mashed (3 if they’re really big, 4 if they’re smallish)
- 1 and 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Generously butter a 9×5 loaf pan. Mix everything until just combined. Don’t over-mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Smooth top and bake in 350 degree oven for 55 to 65 minutes–just until a toothpick or wooden skewer comes out with a few moist crumbs stuck to it when inserted into the center of the loaf. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way. Enjoy slightly warm, at room temperature or cold.