- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs yolks, milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Add in the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into cornmeal mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool about 5 minutes before slicing and serving!!
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach