5-Ingredient Homemade Bisquick Mix
Yield: approximately 40 oz. (same as 1 box Bisquick)
- 7 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable shortening, cut into cubes or spoonfuls
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar (if using) and salt, and toss together.
- Drop shortening into dry ingredients and use a pastry cutter to cut it in.
- Continue using your pastry cutter (or two forks) to blend mixture together until it resembles small pebbles.
Note: you could combine everything together in the food processor if you want.
- Transfer mixture to an airtight container and store, refrigerated, for up to 3 months.
NOTES: Make Pancakes, Waffles, Biscuits, and other recipes which call for bisquick. It’s the same as store bought without the chemical additives, preservatives, etc…