Homemade Biscuit Mix & Biscuit Recipe
Ingredients, Always Organic
recipe for the biscuit mix without the wet ingredients for dry storage (dairy-free)
After dry storage for smaller yield, recipe for approx. 6 biscuits
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup organic soymilk
To make the biscuit mix
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until well combined. Mixture will look like cornmeal.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 months.
To make biscuits
- Combine biscuit mix and soymilk in a mixing bowl until the mix is completely moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead it 4-5 times. Roll dough out to a 3/4 inch thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Place cut biscuits onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 9-10 minutes, until tops are lightly browned.
Notes: Double, triple or quadruple the recipe to have enough on hand whenever you want to make biscuits.