Yield: 12 servings (approx. 2/3 cup each)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs and buttermilk. Pour oil into an 8-in. ovenproof skillet; place skillet in oven 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Carefully tilt and rotate skillet to coat bottom with oil; add batter. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°. For dressing, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat. Coarsely crumble cornbread into skillet; toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, condensed soup and seasonings; stir into bread mixture. Stir in broth.
- Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned.