- The following recipe shows how to make the basic buttermilk pancake mixture. Underneath you will find variations and extra ingredients to make your pancakes extra delicious!
- Makes 2 stacks of pancakes.
PLAIN BUTTERMILK PANCAKES:
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and whist until foamy
- Mix all other ingredients together
- Fold in egg whites
- Heat small sized frying pan on the hob
- Ladle one batch of the mixture into the saucepan and swirl around so it covers the surface evenly
- Cook until browned, then flip with a spatula
- Serve onto a plate and keep warm in the oven
- Continue until all batter is used
- Serve and enjoy!
- Thinly slice the bacon and cook in oven for 8-10 minutes
- While the bacon is cooking, slice the bananas and brown in a frying pan
- Place the bacon and bananas on the pancakes and drizzle with maple syrup
BLUEBERRIES & HONEY:
- Small punnet of fresh blueberries
- 50ml of honey
- Drizzle pancakes with honey
- Sprinkle with blueberries