Crazy genius french toast pancakes from the amazing cookbook Stack Happy will make your breakfast so much better!
Serves: 8 pancakes
For the Pancakes:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For making the French Toast:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined but still slightly lumpy.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto a heated griddle or skillet. Cook for 3 minutes or until bubbles have formed on the surface and popped. Flip the pancake and continue cooking until cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Set pancakes aside until cool enough to handle. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, such as a pie plate, whisk together the eggs, milk, and cinnamon.
- Dip each pancake in the egg mixture and let sit for 15 seconds per side. Transfer to the griddle and cook for 2 more minutes per side.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream, and fresh fruit, as desired.