- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Beat eggs and sugar together and then add the milk slowly–beat. Add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into a funnel and at the same time, use your finger to plug the hole. In a large cast iron pot, add 2 inches of oil to the bottom.
- When the oil becomes hot, move your hand over the pot and slowly release your finger so the batter can start cooking.
- Move the funnel around to make designs.
- Brown on both sides–then immediately remove and drain extremely well.
- Top with brown sugar, or honey, or cinnamon sugar, or powdered sugar as a topping. And/Or Fruit toppings
- BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT GET BURNED!
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach