Easy to make and the smell when this is baking is just wonderful!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 – 50 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
1/4 cup powdered / icing sugar
2 tsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Grease a 9-in loaf pan.
2. Combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, buttermilk, egg, vanilla and oil; stir just until moistened.
3. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
5. Using a skewer or knife, cut through the batter to swirl a few times.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing to wire rack. Cool completely.
7. For the glaze, combine icing / powdered sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf.
Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container. You can also freeze half or all of it, wrap in parchment paper, then place in a zippy bag. Defrost as normal and enjoy! It will still be moist.