- 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations – Seamless Dough Sheet (you can also use a tube of regular crescent rolls, but you will need to pinch the seams together. The seamless dough sheet is much easier to work with and most grocery stores sell it.
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup cherry pie filling (you can also use any preserves or jelly of your choice, or omit this altogether for a delicious plain cheese danish)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- With your mixer, beat together an 8 ounce package of cream cheese with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 tablespoons vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Unroll a seamless dough sheet onto the baking sheet.
- On each long side of the dough, make 2 inch long cuts about 1 inch apart using a sharp knife, pizza cutter, or kitchen scissors.
- Spread the cheese filling down the middle of the dough.
- If adding fruit, spread about 1/2 cup (or more if you wish) of cherry pie filling on top of the cheese layer.
- Starting at one end, fold the strips over the filling on an angle alternating from one side to the other. This will give it the braided look.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the danish is golden brown.
- While the danish is baking, make the icing. In a medium sized bowl whisk together powdered sugar with 3 tablespoons milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Allow the danish to cool for 10-15 minutes before drizzling the icing over the danish. I poured the icing in a ziploc bag, snipped the tip, and piped the icing over the danish. Alternatively, you could dip a fork in the icing and drizzle it over the danish.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!