°o° 2 boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Mix
°o° Ingredients listed on the back of the boxes to prepare EACH BOX of cornbread as directed
°o° 1 box of Yellow Butter Cake Mix
°o° Ingredients listed on the back of the box to prepare cake as directed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the Jiffy Cornbread Mix as directed (since two boxes are being used, prepare each as directed, essentially doubling the recipe). Combine ingredients but under mix the batter slightly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the Yellow Butter Cake Mix as directed, under mixing the batter slightly. Combine the prepared cornbread batter with the prepared cake batter and mix thoroughly while being careful to not overmix.
- Pour into greased 9×13 pan (or loaf pans, but fill only slightly over halfway… This rises considerably!) and bake for 30-35 minutes or until bread is golden, springs slightly to the touch, and a wooden stake inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before removing from the pan and cutting.